How to Install Google Play Store on PC and Run Android Apps and Games Easily
The 21st century is an era of smart devices. Smartphones, laptops, tablets, TVs are some of the devices that rule the digital market these days. All of these devices are backed by some sort of operating system. The most common ones are Android and iOS.
Do you know? The Android OS covers around 73% of the mobile market in the world. Moreover, there are around 2.7 million apps available for download on the Android OS. These stats clearly suggest that Android OS is the most popular operating system in the world.
If we talk about the source of the Android apps, you can get the applications on the Google Play Store. The PlayStore is also an Android application that offers you apps related to gaming, music, social media, and whatnot. The wide app base of Android is the core reason behind the large user base.
As all of us are used to smartphones these days, it is common to have some of the necessary apps on your phone. But, there are some of us who want more than just the 6-inch screen of the phone. We want to take our gaming experience to a bigger screen. Besides, we want to explore the features of our favorite app on a big screen.
Yes, you can use the screen mirroring feature for that, but it will not work in an intended way. So, what to do if you want to run the Android app on your PC? How can you get the PlayStore on your PC? The perfect answers to these & many other questions will be given in this guide. Keep reading to know!!
List of Contents:
How to get Google Play Store on your PC/Laptop?
Well, to be very clear, there is no authentic way to get the Google Play Store app on your PC. as the app is only supported by an Android device, you cannot install it on a Windows PC or Mac directly.
On the other hand, if you can somehow create the Android phone environment on your PC, you might get to install the PlayStore app on your PC. So, how to mimic the environment of an Android phone on a PC?
To make the PlayStore app install and run smoothly on your PC, you need to have an Android emulator. Now, what is an Android emulator?
An Android emulator is brilliant software that imitates the Android environment on your PC. Thus, making it fit for running small Android applications on it. It is basically used for debugging purposes.
There are various different Android emulators on the web that you can install on your PC. Some of the best ones are:
You can choose any of these emulators; all of them are good! The thing that will vary a bit is the steps of installation and system requirements.
Here are the system requirements that you need to ensure before installing any of the above Android emulators:
|Processor||Intel or AMD multi-core processor||Dual-core processor||Dual-core Intel or AMD processor|
|OS||Microsoft Windows 10||Windows XP SP3 or Vista, 7, 8, 10||Windows XP SP3 or 7 or 8 or 10|
|Graphics||Intel/ATI/Nvidia||Open GL 2.0||Intel/Nvidia/ATI|
Note: Make sure that your PC has at least these requirements for the smooth functioning of an Android emulator.
Steps to install Google Play Store on your PC
Now, as there are many Android emulators that you can install to run the Google Play Store app on your PC. In the following steps, we will learn how to install the Nox app player.
To install the Nox emulator:
1. Go to the link of the Nox app player mentioned above.
Note: Always download and install the Android emulator from the authenticated link or website. The third-party sites can be malware-infected.
2. Choose the installer file based on your system and tap on the download button.
3. Wait for the downloading to complete.
4. Once the emulator download process is complete, go to the download folder of your PC and locate the downloaded file.
5. Double click on the file, and you will see a pop-up box with a checkbox at the bottom.
6. Click the provided checkbox to agree to the agreement conditions.
7. You will also see an install button on the screen; click on that install button to begin the installation of the Nox Android emulator.
8. There might be some guidelines appearing on the screen for installation. Carefully follow those guidelines for proper installation of the emulator.
9. It may take some time to install the emulator, so be a little patient.
10. After the completion of the installation, you will see the home screen of the emulator with a start button on it.
To install the Google Play Store on it:
1. To install the Google Play Store on your PC, open the Nox app player, and click on “Start.”
2. The Nox App Player will open, and it will ask for your Google ID and Password.
3. On entering the Username and secret password, you will be logged into the Android emulator.
Note: The Google Play Store app is in-built into the Nox App Player. All you need to do is search and log in.
4. Now, look for the Google Play app and open it.
By following these steps, you can seamlessly install the Google Play Store app on your PC.
How to Run Android Apps on the PC?
As you have already learned how to install the Google Play Store on your PC, it is time to leverage its power by installing and playing high-end games.
Now, when you are installing Android games or any other apps on your PC, there are two ways to do that:
- Via Google Play Store
- Via APK
Finally, the use of Google Play Store comes in handy here. With Google Play Store already installed on your PC, you can easily install any Android app on it. Here is how:
To install the Android app via Google Play Store:
1. Fire up the Android emulator (Nox in this case).
2. Open the PlayStore app & login with your Google username and secret password.
3. In the search bar, search for the Android game or app that you want to install.
4. As there can be many apps with the same or a part of the keyword, you need to find the right app and install it.
5. Enjoy your favorite game or app on a big screen now.
To install the Android app via Apk:
1. In this case, you need to first download the apk file of the app from an authorized website such as ApkPure. Try and save the apk file on the home screen of our PC.
Note: Always download the apk file of an app from a legitimate or authority 3rd party website. Be cautious as some of them may also infect your PC. Ensure that you have antivirus software installed on your PC for protection against malware if any.
2. After the download is complete, you can simply drag the apk file from the home screen and drop it in the emulator window (Nox app player) to install it. Or you can select the apk file using the emulator.
3. As soon as the app drops in the emulator window, the app will start installing.
4. Wait for the app to install.
5. Enjoy the benefits of the app on your PC.
Improve the Speed & Game Performance of the Nox App Player
If you are fond of playing games with high graphics, then Good News!! The Nox app player allows you to make changes to its settings to make your gaming experience much immersive. Here is how:
1. Go to the settings of the Nox App Player, followed by the ”Performance Settings.”
2. Here you can set various aspects like CPU and memory needed for the game or app.
3. Set the desired values and tap “Save.”
4. Restart the Nox emulator to see the changes.
Virtualization Technology: This feature needs to be enabled for an added boost in performance. It makes the working of the Android emulator smooth while not being in the native environment like a smartphone. With the VT feature enabled, the guest operating system behaves as it is running on a real computer.
- Are Android emulators free?
Yes, most of the Android emulators like BlueStacks, Nox, MEmu, and others are completely free of cost.
- How much space will the emulator take on my PC?
A typical Android emulator will not take more than 2-3GB of space on your PC. Rest you can check in the requirements table provided above.
- Is Google Play Store safe to be used in an emulator?
Yes, the Google PlayStore app is entirely safe to be used in an emulator.
This guide gives you a comprehensive review of the installation of the Google Play Store on your PC. Moreover, you also get to learn about the installation of apps and games via the Android emulator. I hope this guide answers all the necessary questions of yours and help you in the best possible way. Go ahead and enjoy your favorite Google apps on your PC.
Also Read: Which Android Emulator To Choose For Android Gaming on PC?