DroidCam Wireless Webcam for PC / Windows 7/8/10 / Mac – Free Download
Do you have your mobile phones at home that you no longer use? As long as they are in good shape and the camera is intact, you can use them as web cameras. So how do you do this? With the help of the DroidCam Wireless webcam app, you can make them wireless cameras.
In this article, we take a look at the DroidCam Wireless Webcam that will change that unused phone into a perfect surveillance camera.
List of Contents:
What is the DroidCam Wireless Webcam app used for?
Well, there are three main functions of this app. One is that the app will help you in turning your unused mobile phones to webcams. The second function is that this app also allows you to chat on Skype, Zoom, or your teams. The third function is that with the DroidCam app for PC, you can use it with other programs and Livestream and also share your videos on platforms like YouTube.
The primary function of this app, however, is to help you come up with a webcam/mic from your Android phone. Think about when you need to chat on Skype, Zoom, or even Google Hangouts, but you do not have a webcam. Consider the DroidCam app that enables you to use your Android phone as a webcam.
While using the Android phone as webcam/mic, you can continue using the phone while DroidCam is on the background. You can connect DroidCam using a WIFI connection or a USB connection.
The app is free of charge with unlimited usage. The free version is perfect when you are starting to use DroidCam. However, when you are advanced, and you know how to use the app well, you can try advancing to the pro version. The pro version has some of its advantages. Below are some of these DroidCam Wireless Webcam pro version:
- No ads.
- High quality of the video- up to 720p in HD.
- More features on Windows clients.
- An experimental FPS boost.
How to install DroidCam on PC
For you to use the app on your Windows or Mac device, you need to install the app on your PC. This is an Android application, so you need to download and use an Android emulator to download and install the app.
Follow the steps below to install it on your PC:
- Download and install any emulator of your choice.
- Open the emulator and allow permissions.
- Go to Google play store by logging in to your Google account.
- Search for DroidCam Wireless Webcam and click on install.
1. What is DroidCam?
DroidCam is an app that turns your Android smartphone into a webcam for your computer.
2. Can I use my phone as a webcam for PC?
Yes, you can do so with the help of DroidCam and a WIFI or a USB connection.
3. How can I connect my mobile camera to the PC?
Yes, you can follow the steps below:
- Connect your phone and your PC to the same Wifi connection.
- Install DroidCam on your phone.
- Close all of the other cameras.
- Launch the DroidCam Wireless Webcam.
- The app will start up the camera of your phone and bring up a URL.
- Copy the URL and paste it on your browser on your computer and press enter.
4. How do I install the DroidCam on my computer?
You will install the app on your PC by first downloading the app on your PC and later using the software to download the DroidCam app for PC.
Similar Tool: Dormi for PC – Baby Monitoring Software