How To Download And Install Windows 11 From USB Or DVD
Windows has been a remarkable operating system since it’s launch, which is the reason Microsoft keeps bringing exciting upgrades to it with time. As per now, Windows 11 is the latest operating system with a bunch of new features in it. With everything easy to access right from the desktop screen, Microsoft has produced the master of all operating systems. If you want to upgrade your Windows to version 10, this will be the best place for you. Keep reading to find out how.
How Can You Install Windows 11 On PC?
Now, there can be a situation when you need an instant install on your PC. There can also be a situation where your PC stops working at all. These situations can sometimes lead to bad results. You might lose all your important work because of these situations. And to be up to date, you need to make sure that your Windows are timely updated.
It is also important to keep a backup plan if something happens like this. And the best way to keep a robust backup plan is to create an off-chip installation plan. It means to make an offline installation disk or drive. This drive is often referred to as a Bootable disk or drive.
One can easily install Windows from these drives if the OS on the PC gets compromised. The process of not at all complicated, it is pretty simple. Provided you have the time and tools to do that.
You May Also Like: Installing Windows 10 From USB – A Complete Guide
Tools For Creating A Bootable Disk Or Drive
In order to produce a bootable disk, you need software tools like:
- Rufus, if you want to make a bootable USB drive.
- If you want to go for a bootable DVD option, there are a lot of softwares in the market. Some of the popular ones are Power ISO, WinISO, ImgBurn, etc.
- Windows 11 Product Key.
ISO File For Windows 11
These are the tools required for creating a bootable disk or USB as per user preference. Now, to make a bootable disk or USB, You will also need an ISO file for Windows 11. An ISO file is an image file that contains the exact data as it contained on a disc. One can burn this file on an actual DVD or USB if required for usage.
To get the original ISO version of the file, there are many sources on the internet. But it will in your best interest if you download it from the official website. To get the ISO file for your system, refer to the ISO file link. This link has various versions of Windows 11 available, choose the one which you want to and as per your system configuration.
Creating Your Bootable Drive
Well, once you have all the prerequisites for the bootable drive, it time to create the disk. Now, depending upon the type of drive you are making, the steps differ. Refer to the sections below for creating the drive.
Note: Be sure that you don’t have any important data on the USB drive or DVD. It will be wiped while creating a bootable drive or disk.
If you are using the Rufus software, make sure you follow the following steps:
- Attach the USB drive to your PC or laptop.
- Run the Rufus software on the PC.
On the software home screen, there would be many options like Device,
- Partition Scheme, File System, Cluster Size, and many others.
- Under the device option, make sure that it is the USB that you just attached to the PC.
- All the other options will remain the same except the one that says, “
- Create a bootable disk using. “
- In this option, choose the ISO file after clicking the disc icon.
- Click on Start.
- The process will take some time, so be patient with it.
Create a DVD Bootable
To create a DVD, make sure that it has enough capacity to hold the whole setup of Windows 11. Rest follow the steps below:
- To begin with, insert the DVD into the optical drive of the PC or laptop.
- Post this, fire up the ImgBurn software on the PC (you can also use other software, the installation steps may differ).
- Following this, choose the “ Write image file to disc “ from the given options.
- Now, select the DVD drive that you have just inserted in the PC’s optical drive.
- On the same screen, in the source option, make sure you choose the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Click on Start and wait for some time as it is going to take some.
When you are done with creating a bootable disk or drive for Windows, it’s time to install the Windows 11 on the PC.
Windows 11 Installation
As you have the bootable drive or disk, let’s dig into the process of installing Windows 11 on your PC.
- The first thing that you need to do is to restart your computer with the bootable disk or drive attached to the PC.
- When the computer screen shows you the manufacturer’s logo, for example, Dell, HP, or any other, keep pressing F12 or F2. Make sure of the keys as they may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- A boot menu will open on your computer screen. This is a crucial step as you need to change things a bit here.
- Choose the boot from the disk or USB option here instead of a normal loading procedure.
- Press enter after choosing the option of boot from DVD or USB.
- Post this; Windows 11 installer will open up.
- Following the opening of the Windows 11 installer, select the language as per your preference. Click on next and then on the “ Install Now ‘ option.
- After this, you will be offered with two types of Windows 11 installations, “ Upgrade “ or “ Custom. “
- Now, if you want to take everything from your current Windows, whether it is 7,8 or any other. Click on the upgrade option and follow the proceeding steps.
- On the other hand, if you are installing windows on a fresh PC. Choose the Custom installation option.
- On the next screen, you will see the disk partitioning. You can partition the disks as per your preference. You can also use the unallocated disk space by creating a new disk partition.
- After the successful partitioning of the disk space, click on next.
- After this, the PC will take time for copying and moving files along with multiple restarts. Make sure that the power is plugged in while the Windows is installing from the USB or DVD.
- You will also be prompted to change the settings of the PC during installation along with your Microsoft account login.
- After everything is done, make sure you don’t get a pop up for Product Key. If it does not happen, you are good to go with using the Windows.
Yeah, I know it looks like a big mission to install the windows, but trust me, it will be worth it in the end. Make sure you perform all the steps as directed above.
Pros And Cons Of Windows 11
Pros of using Windows 11
- System updates last for a long time.
- Virus protection included.
- The control level on the Windows increased.
- Faster OS.
Cons of using Windows 11
- Privacy issues
- Software and hardware compatibility issue.
- Availability of default applications
The installation of windows is a pretty simple process. All it takes is a bit of patience. If you are installing it on an old machine, then it may take more time. Before installing Windows 11 on your PC, you should check your system requirements. If you don’t have the appropriate system characteristics, the installed version of Windows 11 may lag in performance. In the worst cases, it can also lead to hardware failure. Hence, keep a close check on your system configuration before installing Windows 11 on it. I hope you get the best out of this article.
Note: The Windows 11 installation is the same as the installation process of the previous versions of Windows by Microsoft such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.