CamScanner for PC and Mac – Windows 7, 8, 10 – Free Download
A scanner is an important tool for storing documents electronically as it enables users to have images of documents in different formats. Scanning machines are usually expensive and not portable to carry about making a software scanner a good alternative. One of the popular alternative scanning software used on smartphones is CamScanner.
CamScanner is used by millions to scan documents and keep information. The software gives excellent features such as high-resolution scan, picture detection, and good editing. These features have made CamScanner a trusted software, it is however not compatible with PC.
Though there is a way around this limitation by using an Android emulator. BlueStacks is an Android emulator that helps you run Android applications on your PC. The Emulator is pretty straightforward and installs well on both new and older PCs. CamScanner runs well on BlueStacks and enables CamScanner to be used on both Windows and Mac computers.
Utilizing CamScanner on PC gives many advantages such as it’s easy to navigate features and functionalities. You can easily convert scanned images into pdf files and convert batch images into a single pdf format. There is also the share option whereby documents can be shared on social media, email, and other storage.
Here is a step by step guide of installing this scanner software on your PC.
List of Contents:
How to Install CamScanner on BlueStacks
1. Firstly you install BlueStacks on your computer. You simply search for BlueStacks on Google and install it from the software website. The software is free to download at no cost but is filled with Ads.
2. Secondly, set up the BlueStacks installation by following the on-screen steps. The software would request for a Google account, just put your email address and that is resolved. This information is necessary before you can download and install it from the play store.
3. Navigate the home screen and click my apps tab. Search for the Play Store icon on the tab and click on it. This would open the Google Play Store app, locate the search bar, and input CamScanner.
4. A drop-down list will open giving similar scanning apps click on the first option and install the application. Installation takes a little while on the BlueStacks emulator.
5. After Installation click the Cam Scanner icon on my apps tab to begin scanning.
Note: Cam Scanner application connects to the webcam of your PC which it utilizes to scan documents. It may be better to use an external webcam for easier capturing of files. It is also better to procure a modern webcam to get better picture quality of documents.
1. Is CamScanner available for Windows?
Camscanner is not available to all Windows devices, but it is available to Windows Phone 8. You can download it from the Windows phone store. However, if you want to download the app on other Windows devices, you will need to install an emulator first for you to download the app on any Windows device.
Follow these steps to download Camscanner on your Windows device;
- Download and install Memu Play.
- Login to your Google account and go to Google play store.
- Search for the Camscanner app.
- Click on install.
2. How do I use CamScanner on PC?
Yes, you can use Camscanner on your PC by downloading it using an Android emulator. After you have installed the app, you will always use the app by first opening the emulator and using the app from the emulator’s interface.
3. How do I download CamScanner on my computer?
It’s easy; you need first to download an emulator and use it to download the app on your computer. If you do not want to download the app directly from Google Play, you can use the app’s APK to download the app on your computer.
4. Who made CamScanner?
INTSIG is the company that owns the CamScanner app. The company specializes in developing mobile applications for pattern recognition and image processing.
5. Is CamScanner free?
There are many free document scanning applications, and Camscanner is not an exception. The app allows you to sue their services freely.
You can also save scanned documents with the cloud save option which enables users to export documents directly to cloud storage. The navigation option is simple to use and you can edit scanned documents adding filters such as brightness and change resolution of documents.
Furthermore, unlike physical scanners, you don’t have problems with maintenance, hardware failure, or replacing parts. Allowing for a stress-free scanning process.